Labels
Highlighted

Best Practice Question: License Usage

I have a best practice question for you, but before I ask, let me give you a little background information. I'm new to Steelbrick, and new to the company that I'm working for. One of my new job duties is to monitor all of our licenses. We are experiencing a great license famine at my company. We have 150 licenses for an org of about 250. As the new manager of these licenses, it's become one of my duties to determine whether or not there is a business need to purchase more licenses. Before asking that we free up the budget to purchase more licenses, I wanted to find out from my fellow Steelbrick-ers what reporting and metrics they are using to determine if a user is using their license or not. Currently we are just pulling a general, salesforce login report and taking the steelbrick license from users that haven't logged in within the last 90 days. It doesn't feel efficient enough for me, since there could be users out there that may not need to have a license, but have one and are logging in frequently.

What do you reccommend? Any tips you can provide?

Community Manager

Re: Best Practice Question: License Usage

I think the 90 day login is a good first step. Next I would recommend running a report to see how many quotes a user has created in the last 6 months or year. That should give you a better idea of how actively they are using their Steelbrick licenses.

Kelly Wilson
Senior Manager, Success Managers
Salesforce SteelBrick