Labels
Contributor

Deploying CPQ Configurations From Sandbox To Production

What are my options for deploying all of my CPQ configurations from Sandbox to Production without the need to spend $$$ on a 3rd party application? 

Highlighted
Joe
Contributor

Re: Deploying CPQ Configurations From Sandbox To Production

Find a good ETL tool. We are using Kettle, its free and there is a ton of documentation.

http://community.pentaho.com/projects/data-integration/

Contributor

Hi Joe

Thanks for the link. The problem that I am facing is that I can't install the actual plugin to my production org. I had it installed but it showed as a trial version. I removed it, and now I cannot seem to install it at all. 

Contributor

It's the CPQ plugin that I cannot install. 

Occasional Contributor

Hi.  Hopefully someone can help me out.  We are going to be moving from our Full Sandbox to Production and need to keep the ID's for everything in tact.  Here's an example of an issue.

1. Product 1
    1. Features
      1. Feature 1
      2. Feature 1
    2. Options
      1. Option 1
      2. Option 2
      3. Option 3

The features and options reference the Product SFDC id. 

We would prefer not having to swap out id's as this is a huge waist of time and can cause many many issues.

Anyone have any suggestions to be able to upload the CSV files and keep the ID's as they are.

Thanks,

Brad

Community Manager

I don't believe there is a way to maintain the IDs. With a good dataloader tool, however, you can migrate the products, then when migrating the features, relate it to a Product using one of the fields on the Product as way to match it (Product Code, Name, etc.)

Valued Contributor

You cannot preserve the Salesforce ID between orgs. The best practice to keep relationships between objects is to use a custom field flagged as an External ID field.

QTC Evangelist | VP Customer Solutions @ Simplus, the leader in Salesforce Quote-to-Cash