Labels
Occasional Contributor

Issues in lightning save & email document

Is anyone else having issues with the Save & Email action on the Generate Document page in Lightning? Our users are not able to use this action - nothing happens. If you click a second time you get a server error. 

Joe Hamlet

Re: Issues in lightning save & email document

Yes were also experiencing this issue, have you found a solution?

Community Manager

SFDC removed the email page without us knowing.  We either need to have them add it back which most likely will not happen or we need to create a new VisualForce page.  I should have an update soon. 

Contributor

Is there an update on this?  I am assuming it is still not working in Lightning?

Occasional Contributor

Hey Everyone, I think I found the problem. In Lightning, the "Send Email" functionality is not a part of the interface, but can be accessed via a pop-up window displaying in Classic, which is how Steelbrick did to make it work. After messing around, I realized that my pop-up blocker was blocking the Send Email part of the Save & Email part of Generate Document. Once you allow pop-ups for the site, you should be able to use the functionality in Lightning.

Contributor

Hi @DGold,  I've confirmed the above solution (allowing pop-ups).  However, I think you would agree this is not the best user experience.  Can you tell me if there are any plans to make this functionality better for Lightning in upcoming releases?

Contributor

@DGold Is the popup window still the preferred workaround for this?

Highlighted
Community Manager

This isn't a workaround; the popup is currently what the expected behavior is. I do not know what the plan is to change this in the future.