Labels
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor
Accepted Solution

Issues with Dynamic Bundles

Hello,

We currently have a bundle set up that defaults options based on a configuration attribute. The configuration attribute is a dropdown that has two options: Onsite or Remote. The bundle contains options that are both onsite or remote so when the user selects the configuration attribute, it defaults to the onsite or remote options. However, if the user wanted to do a combination, is there any way to set product actions so they are not "hard-coded"? For instance, if the user selected Onsite and the onsite options get selected, is there a way to have the user be able to select one of the Remote options instead? I have tried a number of different product actions (hide, show & add, disable & remove, etc.) but the issue is that based on how I set up the config attribute, if they try to select an Remote option to combine with their Onsite bundle, the selection doesn't stick and just unchecks. Any ideas on this one? Essentially I want to default options, but allow them to be editable to the user.

Thanks!!

Taylor

Community Manager

Re: Issues with Dynamic Bundles

What is your Product Rule's Evaluation Event set to?

Frequent Contributor

@TWasson The evaluation event is set to Edit. The issue with changing that to Load or Save, is that on Save they wouldn't see their selections until after the fact, and Load does not work for our use case either because I am actually using a visual flow which auto selects the parent bundle (we have 3 bundles with various options and quantities) and then loads the configurator. I have tried to set the event to Load but it didn't seem to populate with our current flow.

Community Manager

I think my suggestion would be to have the Evaluation Event set to Edit, but have Apply Immediately only set on the Configuration Attribute and not on any of the Product Options. This way, when they change between Onsite and Remote, you'll end up with the default options selected. When they change the options directly, however, the Product Rules wouldn't run.

Frequent Contributor

Thank you so much! That seemed to work perfectly and now I have "defaults" but the user is still able to make some decisions on their own. Thanks again!