Steelbrick Community End of Life

by Community Manager 3 weeks ago - last edited Wednesday

ATTENTION: Steelbrick Community moves to Trailblazer Community on March 15, 2018

On March 15, 2018, Salesforce CPQ and Salesforce Billing will complete its transition to the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. At that time, you’ll be able to find CPQ and Billing documentation, Answers, and Ideas as well as all help topics and support articles alongside the rest of the Salesforce suite of products. With that transition, we will also retire the community.steelbrick.com site.

Let’s take a closer look at what this single source of Salesforce CPQ and Billing documentation means for you.

What does this change mean for me?

On March 15, 2018, you’ll still have access to all your resources, but everything will be part of the Salesforce Trailblazer Community. In order to log and view ideas, you’ll need to visit Ideas. To get your implementation questions addressed, visit the new Answers page within the Community. Documentation will also be available in the Salesforce Trailblazer Community.

How do I search for documentation in Salesforce Trailblazer Community?

To access your new and revised CPQ and Billing documentation:

1. Go to help.salesforce.com.
  2. Click Documentation.
  3. In the Sales Cloud section, click “Manage Your Quotes With Salesforce CPQ” or “Create and Automate Invoicing and Payments with Salesforce Billing.” This will take you to the introduction page for the CPQ and Billing apps, respectively.
  4. From the landing page, you can navigate documents from the Table of Contents on the left-hand side of the screen under Salesforce Help, or use the links in the bulleted list in the center of the page.

We’re reorganizing our CPQ documentation so it’s easier to navigate and find the exact topic you’re looking for. Here are a few important changes:

1. Topics for products and product pricing management are located in the “Manage Your CPQ Products” branch.
  2. Quote line editor and configurator management, products rules, price rules, discounts, and lookup query topics are located in the “Create and Edit CPQ Quotes” branch.
  3. Quote templates, quote documents, and eSignature plugin topics are located in the “Send Your CPQ Quotes” branch.
  4. Topics from the Steelbrick Community’s “Contracts, Renewals and Subscription” knowledge base have been reorganized as follows:
    • Topics regarding contract creation as well as the management of subscriptions and assets have been moved to the “Managing Your Subscriptions and Assets” branch.
    • Amendment topics have been moved to the “Amending Your Contracts and Assets” branch.
    • Renewal topics have been moved to the “Renewing Your Contracts and Assets” branch.
  5. Topics from the Steelbrick Community “Developer Guidebook” knowledge base will be moved to developer.salesforce.com.

Where can I find CPQ and Billing Release Notes?

Our CPQ and Billing release notes are now a part of the standard Sales Cloud release notes. Check out the CPQ and Billing Spring ’18 release notes here. You can find patch release notes on the Salesforce CPQ and Billing Success Community.

How do I log ideas in Idea Exchange?

1. Go to help.salesforce.com.
  2. Click Ideas tab.
  3. Click Post Idea button.
  4. Type in the name of the idea.
  5. Check for duplicates or similar ideas.
  6. In the ‘Select Category’ link, select Salesforce CPQ or Salesforce Billing.
  7. Finish describing and posting your idea.  
  8. Vote on other ideas.

How can I get more information?

Click here to learn more about navigating the Salesforce Trailblazer Community.