Localization with SteelBrick - Translation Overview

by Community Manager on ‎12-21-2015 06:35 PM - edited on ‎06-16-2016 01:23 PM by Community Manager

Because SteelBrick is built on the Salesforce platform, much of the SteelBrick UI can be translated using Salesforce features, such as Translation Workbench and Custom Labels.  However, these tools cannot provide translations for managed or custom text data fields like Product Name, Product Description, or Terms & Conditions.  

Using Salesforce, you can provide translations or overrides in: 

• Translation Workbench for all custom field names, picklist values, and help messages.
  • Custom Labels for all button names, messages, error messages, etc.
  • Rename Tabs and Labels for all tabs or custom object names. 

Using SteelBrick's Localization Object, you can provide translations for custom text, text area, long text area, and rich text area fields on the Product, Product Feature, Product Option, Price Dimension, Quote Template, Line Column, and Quote Term objects. 

LOCALIZATION FIELDS

Localization Salesforce Record ID Fields: These fields hold the Salesforce ID for the Record being Translated.

Field

Description

Product

Enter the Product’s Salesforce ID related to the translation

Product Feature

Enter the Product Feature’s Salesforce ID related to the translation

Product Option

Enter the Product Option’s Salesforce ID

Price Dimension

Enter the Price Dimension’s Salesforce ID

Quote Template

Enter the Quote Template’s Salesforce ID

Line Column

Enter the Line Column’s Salesforce ID

Quote Term

Enter the Quote Term’s Salesforce ID

Note: Only one of the above fields should be used in each localization record.

Localization Translation Fields: These fields hold values for the actual translation used in SteelBrick.

Field

Description

Language

The language code used for this translation. SteelBrick Localization is built on Salesforce’s supported following languages:

• Chinese (Simplified): zh_CN
  • Chinese (Traditional): zh_TW
  • Danish: da
  • Dutch: nl_NL
  • English: en_US
  • Finnish: fi
  • French: fr
  • German: de
  • Italian: it
  • Japanese: ja
  • Korean: ko
  • Norwegian: no
  • Portuguese (Brazil): pt_BR
  • Russian: ru
  • Spanish: es
  • Spanish (Mexico): es_MX
  • Swedish: sv
  • Thai: th

API Name

API Name for the field related to the translated value

Label

Field Label for the Field being translated

Text

This field stores translations for Text Fields, enter your translated value into this field if the Field entered in the API Name is a Text Field.

Text Area

This field stores translations for Text Area Fields, enter your translated value into this field if the Field entered in the API Name is a Text Area Field.

Long Text Area

This field stores translations for Long Text Area Fields, enter your translated value into this field if the Field entered in the API Name is a Long Text Area Field.

Rich Text Area

This field stores translations for Long Text Area Fields, enter your translated value into this field if the Field entered in the API Name is a Rich Text Area Field.

Related Articles

Translating Product & Bundle Fields

Translating Quote Templates

Translating Template Content

Uploading Translations Via Dataloader

Comments
by KSmith
on ‎01-11-2016 07:46 AM

Is the language displayed in the output document driven be the User language or by the Document Language selected in the preview document screen.  For example, if my User language is English, can I select German in the Document Language pick list and have the document generate in German?

Thanks

@tpastorino@Chris

by Community Manager
on ‎01-11-2016 09:20 AM

@KSmith The output document is driven by the Document Language selected in the preview document screen. An English user can select German and as long as translations have been made, the output document should display in German. 

Allowing output in different languages will provide users with the ability to select any language for the output document. However, if you're going to allow users to select a language, I highly advise making translations for every language on the Quote Template, Line Column, and Quote Terms used in the output document so users don't encounter any errors. 

by KSmith
on ‎01-15-2016 06:58 AM

Is there a way to translate the page number text at the bottom of each page in the output document?

by Community Manager
on ‎01-15-2016 10:11 AM

Not yet, but we're working on that for the next release.

by KSmith
on ‎01-15-2016 10:17 AM

Thanks!!

by Sylvain
on ‎01-22-2016 10:29 AM

Hi,

I'm trying to rename the labels some fields included in the managed package on the Quote object.

I can't modify the label of the field since it's included in the managed package, so I tried to go through the translation workbench. The problem I encountered is that I don't see any fields included in the managed package when I'm in the workbench with the English language (although I can strangely see them when I'm trying to translate in another language than English).

Can you help me to figure out how to modify the label of Quote fields inlcuded in the Steelbrick managed pakage?

Many thanks !

Sylvain

by KSmith
on ‎01-22-2016 01:16 PM

Hi Sylvain,

If you are just trying to change the label names did you try  going to Translation Workbench > Override.  You should be able to relabel the field names for the managed objects there.

by KSmith
on ‎01-26-2016 07:36 AM

In preview, there is a Document Language picklist where the user can select the out put language.  Is there a way to remove languages from the picklist that aren't relevant?  Is that field on a specific object?

by Community Manager
on ‎01-26-2016 02:43 PM

@KSmith No.  All languages that the organization supports will be visible.  

by Sylvain
on ‎02-01-2016 09:59 AM

Hi @KSmith,

It worked, thanks!

by chickman2
on ‎05-27-2016 12:59 PM

Does SteelBrick provide translations out-of-the-box for managed fields and objects in the package for any languages? For instance, if my org default is German, am I going to get the line editor UI in German?

by Community Manager
on ‎05-27-2016 01:01 PM

@chickman2 Not yet, but we have an in-flight project for this.  The first three languages will be Japanese, German and French.  Planning for a Summer '16 delivery.  

by WimvB
on ‎06-09-2016 04:44 AM

Trying to translate a quote template, it does not bring me the choice of any language. I am stuck in this now.

Ps. Running 25.0.13 now.

by dgriffiths
on ‎08-03-2016 11:32 AM

There was an earlier note that only the languages enabled by the Org would be available for quotes but we are noticing that all possible languages are showing up in this list even if we haven't enabled them. In the "Language Settings" area of Setup, we have selected a subset of languages in the "Displayed Languages" box, but all languages from the Available AND Displayed are showing in Steelbrick. How can we resolve this?

by Community Manager
on ‎08-03-2016 11:33 AM

Hi @dgriffiths This is a known issue.  We don't have a set date on when it will be resolved.  

by rm192606
on ‎11-08-2016 09:17 AM

@tpastorino

How do you translate merge fields from the Quote Object? Is this out of the box functionality?

by sattia
on ‎02-03-2017 03:05 AM

Hi, is it possible to translate custom actions and price books? 

e.g. after creating a quote and when selecting a price book, the price book name cannot be translated.

when creating a custom action to display a button on the quote line it cannot be translated.

Is this on the roadmap for a next release? 

by monicadonno
on ‎02-20-2017 06:00 AM

Hi,  What does the "User Defined" checkbox do? I cannot quite figure it out.

Thanks

by rm192606
on ‎02-20-2017 11:20 PM

Wondering if there is a field on the Generate Document VisualForce page that captures the output language of the document that was generated. Our billing system needs to know which language the Document was generated in and I haven't been able to find a field that holds a record of this language. 

Any information is greatly appreciated. 

Thanks,

Robert

by ata
on ‎03-15-2017 07:15 AM
Hi everyone,  I have the same issue like @rm192606. I can't find any field to capture the output language on the PDF preview page or on the generation page.  The translation for the template is already done, but nothing appears. Do I have to do some more configurations?  Thank you,  Alessandro