Block Price for Price Books

by Community Manager on ‎02-29-2016 03:41 PM - edited on ‎06-24-2016 04:10 PM by Community Manager

OVERVIEW

Block Prices for Price Books allow you to create block prices that are specific to a certain Price Book. Populating the Price Book Lookup Field on the Block Price object facilitates a relationship which constrains Block Price Tiers to a specific Price Book or whichever Price Book has been selected on the Quote. You can also perform a bulk change by using the Edit All button on the Product's Block Price related list. This allows you to quickly create Price Book Block Price tiers by cloning existing Block Price tiers from other Price Books. 

HOW TO CREATE BLOCK PRICES FOR PRICE BOOKS

1. Navigate to Product | Select a Product & set the Product Pricing Method to Block
  2. Navigate to the Block Price Related List and click the Edit All button.
  3. Add a Block Price Name, Lower Bound, Upper Bound, & Price

• Use the + and - buttons to create new Block Price tiers until you have all of your desired Block Prices for the Standard Price Book.Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 5.27.45 AM.png
  4. Click Quick Save.
  5. Choose the next Price Book.
  6. Select a Price Book to clone from and click Clone.
  7. Rename and adjust the newly-cloned Price Book tiers assigned to your current Price Book and click Save.Screen Shot 2016-02-26 at 5.29.25 AM.png

Upgrade Note: Block Price for Price Books was introduced in SteelBrick CPQ Version 24.2. Upgrades may have to add the Edit All button to the Block Price Related List.

Comments
by LeanneArdley
on ‎01-31-2017 12:35 PM

I was cloning Block Prices from Standard Pricebook to CPQ Pricebook and ran into the following issue... 

Issue: 

* When I selected CPQ Pricebook, it had no Block Prices, so only one row was displayed by default

* When I tried to clone from the Standard Pricebook (containing 9 tiers) to the CPQ Pricebook, only the first row was copied over

Solution: 

* In the CPQ Pricebook, I had to add empty rows for each of the (9) Standard Pricebook tiers, before doing the clone

by Hunter_Sabol
on ‎02-01-2017 11:43 AM

HI,

Im am implementing CPQ and Im using block pricing to try and handle volume based pricing for a single product. However the price field keeps rounding up. How can I stop this from happening. I need the currency field to go out at least 3 decimal places. ie $0.456.

example

# Of transactions = Unit Price

1-5001 = .0456

5001-10001 = .0403

10001 - 25001 = .389

Any help/suggestions would be appricated.

Regards

Hunter

by unnatshrestha
on ‎02-03-2017 05:05 AM

Hi Hunter,

You'll have to update your currencies to 3 decimal places in Salesforce in order to do that.

Click on your name > Setup > Company Information > Manage Currencies 

- Click on button Manage Currencies

- Here, each on each Currency Code and change it to 3 decimal places. 

This will result in 3 decimal places for all your currency fields in Salesforce.

Thanks,
Unnat