Real-Time Price Rules in Configuration

by Community Manager ‎04-18-2016 03:53 PM - edited ‎04-19-2016 11:28 AM

As of Spring 16, sales reps can apply pricing changes to products within the configurator, allowing them to see price adjustments before leaving configuration. In previous versions, sales reps would have to wait until they moved out of configuration to see any adjustments made to pricing.

To use this feature, ensure that the Price Rule's Evaluation Scope is set to Configurator.

This feature is controlled by a Price Rule's Configurator Evaluation Event field, which affects any products that the price rule targets in the configurator. The field contains three picklist options:

1. None: Any configurator-scoped change made within the configurator will not adjust the product price until the user clicks Save and navigates out of the configurator.
  2. Save: Any configurator-scoped change made within the configurator will adjust the product price immediately after the user clicks Save.
  3. Edit: Any configurator-scoped change made within the configurator will adjust the product price immediately after the user navigates out of a changed field that the related price rule is tracking.

Configurator Evaluation Event will only track real-time updates made to fields that have already been defined in a related Price Rule.

Note: Upgrading users may have to add the Configurator Evaluation Event field to the Price Rule page layout. 

USE CASE

You may have a Product that you wish to price at a certain level when its quantity hits a specific amount.

1. Create a Price Rule titled "Set Price on Quantity 2" with the following field settings:
    • Evaluation Scope: Configurator
    • Conditions Met: All
    • Configurator Evaluation Event: None
    • Active: Checked
    • Product: [Any Product you wish to use for testing]
    • Condition #: 0
  2. Create a Price Condition for that Price Rule with the following field settings:
    • Object: Product Option
    • Field: SBQQ__Quantity__c
    • Operator: Equals
    • Filter Type: Value
    • Filter: 2
  3. Create a Price Action with the following field settings:
    1. Target Field: Unit Price
    2. Value: 500000
    3. Action #: 0
  4. Navigate to the Configurator for the product you selected and adjust the quantity to 2. Note that nothing happens within to the price within the Configurator. Click Save and return to the Quote Line Editor to view the price change for that product. Return to the Configurator for your product and set the quantity to a different number. 
  5. Return to the "Set Price on Quantity 2" Price Rule and set the Configurator Evaluation Event to Save, then return to the Configurator for your Product. Set the quantity for your product to 2 and click Save. Note that the unit price changes to 500000. Set the quantity for your product to a different number.
  6. Return to the "Set Price on Quantity 2" Price Rule and set the Configurator Evaluation Event to Edit, then return to the Configurator for your Product. Set the quantity for your product to 2 and click outside the quantity text box. Note that the unit price changes to 500000.
Comments
by
on ‎04-23-2016 12:29 AM

Will we be able to update quantities using price rules in configurator? Our use case is, based on configuration attribute, we want to drive quantity of the product.

by chickman2
on ‎07-26-2016 12:57 PM

@lvoelz2 Evaluation Scope should be "Product Option" right? I don't see a "Configurator" picklist option.

by EJ
on ‎02-08-2017 12:47 PM

Does this work for Price Rules that utilize Price Queries? I haven't been able to pull values to the Product Option from my Cusotm Object.

by RE_LL
on ‎02-15-2017 10:27 AM

I have a product that has different pricing based on the bundle it is included in.  I would like this pricing to show up when the user selects the parent bundle and then is dropped into the Configurator (in order to select the component products). None of the Configurator Evaluation Event settings enables this behavior.  Is this currently possible?

by jeffhinton
on ‎07-26-2017 11:29 AM

Thanks for this. Now, what would be a use case for if Product A is quantity greater than 0, then I want to set the list price of Product B (assuming it's also selected) and a specific rate? I'm struggling to make my rule work... thanks!

by RuiFonseca
on ‎10-25-2017 05:20 AM

Hi,

I have tried to use this functionality with the event as Edit and it is not working.

The behaviour I get is always as the event was Save instead, i.e., the rule is fired but only upon saving the configuration.

Below is the rule I have configured to test:

PriceRule.png

During product configuration, when updating the quantity of the product option to 2, nothing happens to the two fields on the price action. I have exposed them both on the field set to make sure if anything was happening to them.

Upon saving the product configuration, both of them are then updated, hence reflecting the normal behaviour of the Save event.

Has anyone implemented this functionality successfully?

Have tried installing the latest version available but the behaviour is still the same.

Any support would be more than welcome!

Thanks,

Rui

by RuiFonseca
on ‎10-25-2017 07:52 AM

Apparently, this is a known issue, pending resolution: https://success.salesforce.com/issues_view?id=a1p3A0000001D3KQAU

by speedyb166
on ‎10-27-2017 09:00 AM

@RuiFonseca based on release notes this was patched in 210.9.  We just installed 210.10 and I just tested exactly this use case and it appears to be working.  Upgrade and give it a shot

The only issue I'm still running into is access configuration attributes on the bundle in price rules targetting product options.  Take your example about except instead of setting Unit Price to 10000, set Unit Price to a configuration attribute on the bundle.  I'd be curious to know if anyone has gotten this to work

Contributors