Desegment MDQ Products on Quote Renewal

by Community Manager ‎01-12-2017 09:52 AM - edited ‎03-04-2017 09:20 AM

OVERVIEW

Segmented MDQ Subscriptions or Contract Line Items can now be configured to renew as an individual de-segmented standard Quote Line.

SETUP

Admins may need to add the MDQ Renewal Behavior picklist field to the Contract page layout.

DETAILS

MDQ Renewal Behavior: This field controls whether segmented MDQ Products within this Contract will become de-segmented in their corresponding renewal Quotes after the Contract is renewed.

• None: Standard Salesforce CPQ behavior; segmented MDQ Products will remain segmented in Renewal Quotes after the Contract is renewed.
  • De-segmented: All segmented MDQ Products within this Contract will be de-segmented into an individual quote line on their renewal Quotes after the Contract is renewed.

When de-segmenting, Salesforce CPQ will use the last segment of an MDQ Product for renewal.

USE CASE

In this case, a user has renewed a Contract with a Custom MDQ Product and Quarterly MDQ Product, where MDQ Renewal Behavior = De-segmented:

Original Quote

cust mdq deseg.png

quarterly mdq.png

Renewal Quote

mdq seg.png

Comments
by VioletK
‎07-03-2017 09:04 PM - edited ‎07-03-2017 09:21 PM

@lvoelz2 I tried this in version 208 but regardless of the "MDQ Renewal Behavior" , the renewal quote is always taking the "Renewal Price" field from subscription line of the earlier segment. I tried de-segment but still pulling from the renewal price of the earliers segment line (BUT it is pulling the quantity from the latest segment-strange) . Amendment and renewal is also set to Latest end date. Am I missing something? 

Contributors