Inherit Default Configuration Attribute Value from Quote or Quote Group

by Community Manager on ‎06-12-2017 05:35 PM

OVERVIEW

Your Configuration Attributes can inherit its default value from a field on a quote or quote group. Use this feature so you don't have to re-enter certain field values while configuring a bundle.

This feature is available in Salesforce QTC 28.1 and higher.

KEY FEATURES

Users should be familiar with the following features:

DETAILS

The Configuration Attribute fields Default Object targets the Quote or Quote Line Group. Default Field can contain the API name of any Quote or Quote Group field. Make sure your source field and the option field your Configuration Attribute targets are of the same field type - otherwise, you'll get an error.

Example

Create your Configuration Attribute and populate the two Default fields to target the field whose value you want to appear as the attribute's default setting. In this example, we have a Location field with the same picklist values available on our Quotes and Products. We want a Configuration Attribute that defaults to the value of the Quote-level Location field for the Quote we're editing.

config_attr.png 

SETUP

Admins may need to add the following fields to the Configuration Attribute page layout:

API Name Label
SBQQ__DefaultField__c Default Field
SBQQ__DefaultObject__c Default Object
Comments
by abajwa
on ‎06-15-2017 03:10 PM

Thanks for this. I got an error when trying to map a formula (text) field from the quote onto a picklist configuration attribute. We should be able to map from text -> picklist. My use case is that I am trying to default the config attribute based on a picklist on the opportunity

by Elissa
a month ago

This doesn't seem to work for renewals - configuration attributes are blank, even though the renewal quote has values that should supply the defaults.  Should this work for renewals?

Contributors