Configure Quote Line Item Columns

by Community Manager on ‎08-13-2015 01:33 PM - edited on ‎06-10-2016 04:07 PM by Community Manager

Initially, the Line Columns related list of your quote template contains standard columns headings, width, and field names that provide the values for these columns. However, you may want to customize them for your business or custom fields.

POINTS TO CONSIDER

• What columns do you want displayed for quote line items? 
  • Do all users see the same columns? 

SETUP 

1. Navigate to Quote Templates | Quote Template Name | Line Columns (related list).
  2. Click Edit next to the Line Column you want to configure.
  3. Make changes to the following Sections as needed: 
    • Information
      Field Description
      Column Heading Title of the columns.
      Display Order Determines the order in which this column is displayed relative to other columns, from left to right.
      Width Enter the width as a percentage for this column.
      Section Set the section to which this line column applies. Leave blank if the column applies to all sections.
      Template Displays the Quote Template on which this field will apply
      Field Name Enter the API Name for the Quote Line object field that you want displayed in this column.
      Alignment

Determines how the values in this column are aligned

• Style Information
      Field Description
      Font Family, Font Size, Font Weight Specify the font family, size and weight, if any of them are different than the fonts specified on the Quote Template.
      Margins (Bottom, Left, Right, Top) Set the margins of your quote documents in inches.
      Text Color Enter the HEX code for the color of all text in generated quote documents.
      Heading Text Color Enter the HEX code for the color used to display the text in the heading of this column. Leave this field blank to inherit the color from the column.
      Summary Text Color Set the text color for the summary rows of line items. Leave this field blank to inherit the same values from your Quote Template settings.
      Summary Shading Color Set the background color for the summary rows of line items. Leave this field blank to inherit the same values from your Quote Template settings.
      Summary Font Weight Set normal or bold font weight for the summary row of line items.
    •  Column Options
      Field Description
      Hide On Components Hides the value of this column when the line item is a component.
      Roll Up Select this checkbox if this field should be rolled-up into a master line. This only applies when a Roll Up field is selected on the quote template. See Automatically Collapsing Line Items for details on implementing this.
      Conditional Print Field Select the field on the Quote object that determines if this column is included in generated documents. See Dynamically Displaying Quote Line Columns for more information.
      Discard Width When Hidden Select if you are conditionally displaying columns to replace other columns. If this is not selected, SteelBrick CPQ re-allocates the width of this first column to a second column when the first column hidden. This will keep the table unchanged.
      Column Heading Field Select the field that sources the dynamic heading for this column.
      Separate Line Select to print the contents of this column on its own line. Use for long text lines such as product descriptions.
      Summary Level Select the level on which this column should be summarized.
      Summary Function Select the function used to summarize values in this column.
      Summary Label Enter a label to display in the summary row for this column.
      Sub Group Summary Label Enter a summary label for sub-groups.

Note: The sum of the width for all line columns should be 100. If the total width is less than 100, the columns will not use the entire width and you will have blank space on the right side of the template. If the total width is more than 100, some of the columns will be rendered outside of the page margins, and thus not visible. When the a column is flagged as "Separate Line", it is not included for the purpose of calculating the relative width of a column between the page margins.

Caution: You will need to consider the total width of 100 for each line item section in the template because a line column can be associated with a specific section.

Comments
by
on ‎08-15-2016 01:26 PM

How sholuld I change heading background color?

by Community Manager
on ‎08-31-2016 01:53 PM

Shading Color in Quote Template allows you to specify a hexadecimal value for column headers.  

by LeanneArdley
on ‎01-23-2017 02:55 PM

The two links above are broken. They just bring me to this page: https://help.salesforce.com/home

by Alexander
on ‎03-10-2017 06:48 AM

How can I change the Column Heading to Chinese?

by LeanneArdley
on ‎08-09-2017 01:59 PM

Considering that the column widths need to total to 100%, I am experiencing some strange behaviour when I have just one line column with a width of 100. The totals are set to appear under the line items, and they are, but are appearing off the page. (screenshot)

One Column - Width Set to 100.jpg

When I add in a second column, the issue is resolved. (screenshot)

Two Columns - No Issues.jpg

Or when I adjust the width to 60, I do see the totals but the table still doesn't look right. (screenshot)

One Column - Width Set to 50.jpg

Has anyone seen this before or know why it's happening?

by afinch
on ‎08-11-2017 04:31 PM

I have seen this behavior before. Line Columns require at least two columns on a template.

by KRothstein
on ‎08-24-2017 08:33 PM

I would like to be able to add shading to my column headers but the standard instructions are not working, and I cannot post a new question under the CPQ Support Forum.  Any suggestions or pointers?

by KevinW
on ‎11-02-2017 02:14 AM

"Hide On Components" is not an available field